Home » Accident? Personal Injury? Criminal Injuries Compensation? » Noise Induced Hearing Loss

Noise Induced Hearing Loss

Noise Induced Hearing Loss

Are you suffering from Work Related Hearing Loss?... You may be entitled to compensation.

Were you a worker in a noisy workplace? Have you worked in construction, engineering, coal mines, ship-building, foundries, factories, the motoring industry or quarries?

Was noise just ‘part of your job’? You weren’t given hearing protection or, if you were, it just wasn’t good enough?

Do you now miss parts of conversation, need to turn the volume up on the TV or can’t hear the phone ring?

If the answer is yes - you may be suffering from Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL) which is caused by excessive noise exposure.

Making a Claim for Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL).

Employees have the right to a safe working environment. If you have developed an ailment or disability over time because your employers did not protect you properly, then NIHL is an irreparable condition which you should be compensated for.

We can offer you specialist legal advice in claiming compensation due to injury, disability or sickness caused by your work.

Our team of dedicated and experienced personal injury lawyers have over 30 years' experience in dealing with all types of claims and are committed to ensuring that you obtain the compensation you deserve.

I no longer work for that Employer and they closed down many years ago. Can I still make a claim?


Hearing loss may take many years to develop or become noticeable. You can still make a claim against a former employer if you no longer work for them or it has been many years since you did. You have three years to make a compensation claim, starting from when you first noticed symptoms and thought that they might have been caused by your work.

What hearing conditions can I claim for?

We have helped many clients make successful claims for a variety of hearing conditions including:
• Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL) / Industrial Deafness
• Tinnitus
• Acoustic shock – (sudden loud noise)

What will happen if I make a claim against my current employer?

By law, all employers must have Employers’ Liability Insurance in place to pay compensation to their workers, injured or made ill at work. Employers are protected by this insurance so you should not worry about losing your job or feel guilty that the company will stop trading because of your claim. Our trained specialists will help you make an informed decision.

How we can help.

We understand that hearing loss can be a life changing condition which is irreparable. We have experience of handling these types of claims and the sorts of issues you might be dealing with. We can also refer you to our network of medical professionals, to ensure you get the right support and medical advice that you may need.

Our dedicated team of specialist solicitors will handle your case sensitively and, however minor or severe your condition might be, we will strive to get you the correct compensation you deserve.

If you think you may be suffering from work related hearing loss, contact us for specialist advice on how to make a claim for compensation.

Want us to call you back about Noise Induced Hearing Loss?

Fill in the form below and we will call you within one working day for a free no-obligation chat.

Tick here if you would like Molesworths Bright Clegg to keep you informed of our products and services in the future.

See our Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions

The contents of this article are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article.

Molesworths Bright Clegg is a firm of solicitors established in the United Kingdom and is registered with theSolicitors Regulation Authority.

© Molesworths Bright Clegg | Privacy Policy | Terms | Contact Us | Website: RO Web Solutions

Back to Top